Little Sparta is delighted to be reopening to visitors from Thursday 16th July 2020.
When visiting Little Sparta, you must book a time slot online before your visit.
The health and safety of our visitors and staff remains a top priority. With this in mind, we are implementing new measures to help protect you. That is why we have introduced time slot tickets to facilitate physical distancing.
- Entry to the garden is free.
- Everyone must book a time slot ticket.
- Bookings can be made for up to a maximum of 8 tickets.
- Your chosen time slot/entry time will be displayed on the top left corner of your ticket(s) which will be attached to your confirmation email. Please have your tickets ready for scanning upon entry.
- Please try to arrive on time, using the directions we provide to plan your journey. You have up to 45 minutes after your selected time slot to gain entry. Once you’re inside the garden, you can stay as long as you like.
The Gardens opening hours are 12:30 to 16:00 hrs.
Last time slot ticket 14:00 hrs. Last entry to the Garden 14:45 hrs.
Please note that no catering or refreshments are available at Little Sparta.
A toilet is available for use by visitors.
Don’t follow your SatNav; follow our directions.
We hope you enjoy your visit.
Support Us – safeguard our future
As a charity, we need your support more than ever before. By making a donation, your support can help us conserve Little Sparta. Thank you.
Meanwhile, enjoy the images and archive material here on our website or buy a copy of our wonderful guide book. You can also subscribe to our email newsletter. You can also find us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Little Sparta in its entirety is protected by copyright. No images of Little Sparta may be published or broadcast without prior permission from the Estate of Ian Hamilton Finlay and its executor Pia Simig. Please contact Wild Hawthorn Press for further information.